NEW STUDENT-ATHLETE CHECK LIST
Please complete all 10 steps on this new student-athlete checklist.
1. Fillout the recruiting questionnaire for your sport of interest, it is located on the top right of each sports' specific home page.
Apply to College of Marin for the upcoming semester: http://www.marin.edu/apply/index.html Indicate that you are a high school graduate. You will receive an email with your College of Marin student ID number. You must save/remember this number.
3. Meet with an Athletics Academic Counselor - http://ss.marin.edu/counseling
4. Register for classes
5. Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for federal financial aid by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
6. Complete College of Marin’s Net Price Calculator to determine the net cost of attending our institution
7. Transcripts and Test Scores
- Have your high school transcripts available as well as transcripts from any other colleges you have attended.
8. NCAA Eligibility Center
- If you have goals of transferring and competing at an NCAA Division I or Division II institution, it is vital that you determine whether you are a qualifier ornonqualifier, which is based on your high school academic record. See the NCAA Qualifier Quick Reference Guide for more information:http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Quick_Reference_Sheet.pdf
- Qualifiers and Nonqualifiers follow a different set of transfer rules. You MUST register with the NCAA Eligibility Center athttp://www.ncaaeligibilitycenter.org to officially make this determination.
- Have official transcripts and SAT/ACT scores sent to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
9. Get a Physical
- Have your physician fill out the ATHLETE PHYSICAL FORM.
- Physicals are only good for 12 months.
NOTE: New student-athletes MUST be fully matriculated to receive student-athlete priority registration, which consists of having the following completed.
- Math & English Assessment Exams
- Education Plan on File